Amazing Associate Attorney Wanted For Rapidly Rising Music Law Firm
Are you a highly skilled attorney with a passion for music and protecting it? Do you love copyrights and are fascinated with the business of music? Do you have strong drafting and problem-solving abilities? Do you have excellent people-skills? If you have answered yes to all of these questions, then read on!
A rapidly rising music law firm in Los Angeles needs an amazing associate attorney to join the team protecting clients through deal negotiations and proper intellectual property management. The firm handles all music industry agreements, with an emphasis on music publishing, licensing, and legacy matters.
Work in this firm is extremely detailed, fast-paced, highly professional, and very efficient. This firm is looking for a solid team member who is smart, positive, reliable, and trustworthy. The candidate selected for this position has opportunity to grow within the firm and therefore should be interested in a long-term position.
Job Title: Associate Attorney
Reports to: Firm Owner/Attorney
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing, redlining, and negotiation of music industry agreements
- Other document preparation
- Legal and Copyright Research (mostly Internet-based)
- Preparing copyright and other registration applications
- Communicating with clients and opposing counsel via email, phone, and in person
- Assisting with management of client and catalogue data
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Up to 3 years experience as an associate attorney in the music business
- Licensed and in good standing with the State Bar of California
- Experience with music contractual matters, music industry, and copyright/intellectual property registration.
- Strict attention to and meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take and adapt to directions
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently, think strategically, solve problems, and be proactive
- Ability to independently manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to improve the efficiency of procedures
- Trustworthy, reliable, responsible, and able to keep client information confidential
- A positive, can-do attitude who relates well with staff and clients
- A passion for the work and for supporting the firm
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Mac computer skills
Hours and Location:
- Part-time to start, more hours possible based on performance
- Position is based in Los Angeles, CA
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- 3 references
- Please state “Associate Attorney” in your subject line, as the firm is currently hiring for more than one position.
Your attention to detail and ability to follow instructions will be tested via your application. Show you can follow instructions by inserting the first line in the body of your cover letter as “Yes, I can follow instructions.”
Please note that background checks will be conducted prior to hiring.