Erin M. Jacobson, Esq., A.P.C. is a top, boutique music law firm in Los Angeles, CA. The firm represents music artists, songwriters, music publishers, independent record labels, managers, producers, and estates and heirs of legacy music catalogues. The nature of the firm’s work is transactional, handling contractual and copyright matters on behalf of clients.
Our mission is to protect music creators, rights’ owners, and their catalogues through expert deal negotiation, intellectual property management, and advice for long term success. We value expert knowledge and advice, excellence in our work, honesty, confidentiality, professionalism, and innovation.
We are looking for a superstar Administrative Assistant to support the firm owner and clients. Work in this firm is extremely detailed, fast-paced, highly professional, and very efficient. This firm is looking for a solid team member who is smart, positive, reliable, and trustworthy.
This is a part-time, remote role, reporting directly to the firm owner/managing attorney. There is potential for growth and a full-time position, based on performance.
You must be located in California, and preferably Los Angeles area, to be considered for this position.
The mission of the Administrative Assistant is to expertly, efficiently, and independently handle administrative details for the firm owner/attorney, allowing her to focus her time on leading the business and making the most important contributions to her clients. The Administrative Assistant will also support existing and new clients, often being the first point of contact for new clients, and therefore, must be able to represent the firm and its values.
- Email management on behalf of the firm owner, including managing and responding to client inquiries
- Calendar management and scheduling on behalf of the firm owner
- Managing CRM software, including maintaining updates of client matters
- Screening potential clients and onboarding of new clients
- Implementing efficient systems and workflows
- Communicating on the firm owner’s behalf with clients and opposing counsel via email and telephone
- Preparation of document templates, letters, and document
- Data entry and management
- Managing execution of social media and email newsletter
- Some assistance with personal tasks, such as errands, placing orders, research
- high attention to and meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- ability to quickly learn the new concepts and systems
- excellent communication skills, in both written and oral form
- track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details
- interpret and correctly respond to client requests
- strong organizational and planning skills
- ability to take and adapt to directions
- ability to work autonomously and efficiently, think strategically, and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the firm owner
- independently manage own workload and meet deadlines
- positive, can-do attitude
The Administrative Assistant will regularly work with confidential information, including information in relation to high-profile individuals, therefore complete confidentiality regarding client and firm information is required at all times. There will be no tolerance for sharing firm or client information outside of the firm.
- Proficiency in the following platforms required: Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal, but can be learned on the job: Clio Grow, Clio Manage, Asana, Mailchimp.
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- 3 references
- Please state “Administrative Assistant” in your subject line.
Your attention to detail and ability to follow instructions will be tested via your application. Show you can follow instructions by inserting the first line in the body of your cover letter as “Yes, I can follow instructions.”