Erin has substantial experience conversing on these topics and bringing her fresh perspective to diverse audiences.
Please view the information below for suggested platforms, topics, and past speaking engagements.
Contact Erin for Speaking Inquiries:
Please contact Erin to discuss your speaking engagement or learn about availability.
- Solo speaking or as a panelist
- Live, in person appearances
- Online television or other presentations
- Interviews and commentary for print publications
- How to Protect and Revitalize Legacy Catalogues
- Copyright Terminations / Recapturing of copyrights for legacy artists, songwriters, heirs and estates
- Issues unique to legacy catalogues, heirs, and estates
- Issues unique to music publishers
- Legal and business issues faced by independent musicians
- Setting up your business and managing your intellectual property correctly for DIY/independent musicians
- The most important protections for independent musicians to have in place
- Contract explanations and pitfalls for musicians
- The importance of owning intellectual property for musicians
- Music library contracts
- Music licensing
Past Speaking Engagements
- Nightline on ABC
- Sirius/XM Radio
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM)
- Association of Independent Music Publishers (AIMP)
- American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers (ASMAC)
- California Copyright Conference (CCC)
- TAXI Music Road Rally
- Southwestern Law School
- University of Southern California
- GRAMMY Camp / GRAMMY Foundation
- My Music Masterclass
- The Gen Y Success Show (Online / iTunes)
- Break the Business Podcast
- The GenWhy Lawyer Podcast
- Entertainment Law Update Podcast
- The Business Side of Music Podcast
- UCLA Extension
- Trojan Entertainment Network
Erin M. Jacobson, Esq. (www.themusicindustrylawyer.com) is a practicing attorney, experienced deal negotiator, and a seasoned advisor of intellectual property rights who protects musicians, songwriters, music publishers, and a wide variety of other music professionals.
Ms. Jacobson’s clients include Grammy and Emmy Award winners, legacy artists and catalogues, heirs and estates, and independent artists and companies. Ms. Jacobson regularly handles all types of agreements within the music industry, with an emphasis on music publishing and licensing.
Ms. Jacobson also places special emphasis on her work with legacy clients and their catalogues, as her knowledge of both classic music and current industry practices places her in a unique position to protect and revitalize older catalogues.
In addition to being named a Super Lawyers Rising Star and one of the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California, Ms. Jacobson is a frequent author and speaker, and has been featured in publications including Billboard and Forbes. She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Association of Independent Music Publishers (AIMP).
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Jacobson also owns and operates Indie Artist Resource (www.indieartistresource.com), the independent musician’s resource for legal and business protection. Indie Artist Resource offers full-service template contracts, intellectual property registration services, and legal and business consultations designed to meet the unique needs of independent musicians.