Erin has substantial experience conversing on these topics and bringing her fresh perspective to diverse audiences.
Please view the information below for suggested platforms, topics, and past speaking engagements.
Contact Erin for Speaking Inquiries:
Please contact Erin to discuss your speaking engagement or learn about availability.
- Solo speaking or as a panelist
- Live, in person appearances
- Online television or other presentations
- Interviews and commentary for print publications
- Legal and business issues faced by independent musicians
- Setting up your business and managing your intellectual property correctly for DIY/independent musicians
- The most important protections for independent musicians to have in place
- Contract explanations and pitfalls for musicians
- The importance of owning intellectual property for musicians
- Music library contracts
- Music licensing
- Building your “Artist Team” and the importance of a lawyer as a member of that team
- 360 Deals and the California Talent Agencies Act
- The job of a music lawyer
- How to start and run a solo law practice
- Legal aspects of music marketing
- Topics featured in articles or YouTube videos by Ms. Jacobson
Past Speaking Engagements
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM)
- California Copyright Conference (CCC)
- TAXI Music Road Rally
- Southwestern Law School
- University of Southern California
- GRAMMY Camp / GRAMMY Foundation
- My Music Masterclass
- The Gen Y Success Show (Online / iTunes)
- Break the Business Podcast
- The GenWhy Lawyer Podcast
- Entertainment Law Update Podcast
- The Business Side of Music Podcast
- UCLA Extension
- Trojan Entertainment Network
Erin M. Jacobson, Esq. (www.themusicindustrylawyer.com) is an experienced deal negotiator and a seasoned advisor of intellectual property rights who protects musicians, songwriters, music publishers, record labels, and a wide variety of other music and entertainment professionals. Ms. Jacobson’s clients include Grammy and Emmy Award winners, legacy artists, and independent artists and companies. Ms. Jacobson regularly handles all types of agreements within the music industry, with an emphasis on music publishing and licensing.
Ms. Jacobson also places special emphasis on her work with legacy clients and their catalogues, as her knowledge of both classic music and current industry practices places her in a unique position to protect and maximize opportunities for older catalogues.
She is a frequent author and speaker, and has been featured in publications including Forbes and Music Connection. She also is on the Board of Directors for both the California Copyright Conference (CCC) and the Association of Independent Music Publishers (AIMP).
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Jacobson also owns and operates Indie Artist Resource (www.indieartistresource.com), the independent musician’s resource for legal and business protection. Indie Artist Resource offers full-service template contracts, intellectual property registration services, and legal and business consultations designed to meet the unique needs of independent musicians.