Erin has substantial experience conversing on these topics and bringing her fresh perspective to diverse audiences.
Please view the information below for suggested platforms, topics, and past speaking engagements.
Contact Erin for Speaking Inquiries:
Please contact Erin to discuss your speaking engagement or learn about availability.
- Solo speaking or as a panelist
- Live, in person appearances
- Online television or other presentations
- Interviews and commentary for print publications
- Legal and business issues faced by independent musicians
- Setting up your business and managing your intellectual property correctly for DIY/independent musicians
- The most important protections for independent musicians to have in place
- Contract explanations and pitfalls for musicians
- The importance of owning intellectual property for musicians
- Music library contracts
- Music licensing
- Building your “Artist Team” and the importance of a lawyer as a member of that team
- 360 Deals and the California Talent Agencies Act
- The job of a music lawyer
- How to start and run a solo law practice
- Legal aspects of music marketing
- Topics featured in articles or YouTube videos by Ms. Jacobson
Past Speaking Engagements
- National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM)
- California Copyright Conference (CCC)
- TAXI Music Road Rally
- Southwestern Law School
- University of Southern California
- GRAMMY Camp / GRAMMY Foundation
- My Music Masterclass
- The Gen Y Success Show (Online / iTunes)
- Break the Business Podcast
- The GenWhy Lawyer Podcast
- Entertainment Law Update Podcast
- The Business Side of Music Podcast
- UCLA Extension
- Trojan Entertainment Network
Erin M. Jacobson is a practicing attorney, experienced deal negotiator, and a seasoned advisor of intellectual property rights who protects musicians, songwriters, producers, and a wide variety of other entertainment professionals. She is a graduate of Southwestern Law School and of the University of Southern California.
Jacobson’s clients range from Grammy and Emmy Award winners to independent artists, record labels, music publishers, and production companies.
In addition to her law practice, Jacobson owns and oversees all operations for Indie Artist Resource, the independent musician’s resource for legal and business protection. Indie Artist Resource offers full-service template contracts, intellectual property registration services, and legal and business consultations designed to meet the unique needs of independent musicians.
For more information on Erin, visit www.themusicindustrylawyer.com.
Indie Artist Resource can be found at www.indieartistresource.com.