Here’s a recap of my article’s this month:
- Key Clauses in Management Agreements Part 2: Commissions
- Ask a Music Lawyer: Is the Poor Man’s Copyright Enough to Protect Your Songs?
May was actually a little quiet on legal issues making the news. However, the big news was really a tragic one. The world lost another amazing artist, Prince. His death was unexpected and shocked his fans and all of us in the industry. A great artist who leaves a great legacy.
Here’s the other top stories in music legal and business:
- Minnesota proposes a law to prevent exploitation of Prince’s name and likeness.
- Alanis Morissette Claims Ex-Business Manager Stole $4.7M.
- Journey sues Monster for cancelling their performance.
- Kesha’s legal team still trying to continue their lawsuit in CA.